Sussex County hosts an affordable and healthy quality of life with beautiful natural environs, abundant recreational opportunity and easy access to sophisticated culture.
- Just a hop to Broadway and several of the world's most renowned museums.
- Has over 40% of the land mass preserved through federal state and local efforts.
- Is home to nine wildlife management areas, six state parks, two national parks, two major ski areas and 20 golf courses.
- Sussex County's public educational system is ranked 2nd in the state of New Jersey, which is ranked 3rd overall in the United States.
- Has a median household income in excess of $69,270.and median home value of $157,700.
- Has New Jersey's lowest per capita crime rate.
|Total crime index||29 (US average=100)|
|Annual max average temperature||63|
|Annual min average temperature||46|
|Annual average temperature||54.8|
|Mean number of days clear||94|
|Mean days precipitation||122|
|Mean days snow||7|
|Average annual snowfall||27|
|Density per square mile||296|
|Projected in 2012||160,331 (4% growth)|
|Number of households||55,497|
|Projected households 2012||58,876 (6.09% growth)|
|Average household size||2.8|
|Number of families||41,812|
|Average family size||3.8|
|Median Age (years)||37.1 Years|
|Persons under age 5||8.8%|
|Persons 5-18||19.5 %|
|Persons over 65||8.9%|
|Female population: %||50.2|
|Male population: %||49.8|