Non Profit Wish Lists
You can help local non-profit organizations by donating needed items so they can spend more of their fundraised dollars on programs or services for the people and causes they serve. Thank you for your generosity!
PRINTABLE WISH LIST
Benny’s Bodega is a 501(c)3 Non-Profit Organization, located in Newton NJ. Set up like a store, the Bodega offers hard working people who are struggling, a place to “shop” for basic needs items free of charge. Our target population is the A.L.I.C.E (Asset limited, income constrained, employed) population, the people working hard but not making enough to get by, while simultaneously making too much to receive any government assistance.
• Monetary Donations
• Shoprite/Walmart/Amazon Gift Cards
• Laundry Detergent. Dish Soap
• Deodorant, Shampoo, Body Wash
• Perishable and Non Perishable Foods
• Cleaning Supplies
Contact: Benjamin Davey, LCSW, Founder or Heather Davey, Co-Founder
The Center for Prevention & Counseling
Center for Prevention and Counseling (CFPC), Newton, NJ, is a healthy non-profit in Sussex County for nearly 50 years dedicated to community wellness and recovery from substance use disorder. With federal, state and local grants as well as private and public donations, CFPC is a grant and donation driven agency overseeing three important areas of work in Sussex County as well as within Northern New Jersey. The CFPC prevention, treatment and recovery staff team members work in concert with each other bringing together an educated and evidence-based community approach to healthy living, free from substances. With incredibly passionate staff members and an engaged Board of Directors, CFPC has made a positive impact on Sussex County since 1973.
• Painting – office spaces and hallways at main office in Newton
• Photographers – events
• Clean up crew – building and parking area at main office in Newton
• Wall mural painting
• Printing Services – resource materials
• Gift certificates: local supermarkets, produce stands, gas stations, local restaurants/eateries, Walmart/Amazon
• K-cup Coffee Pods
• Disposable coffee cups with lids
• Healthy snacks
• Bottled water (cases)
• Perennials and mulch for entranceways
• Wall artwork
• Floor lamps
• Paint (Indoor, neutral colors)
• New large dry-erase board
Contact: Tina Aue
Phone: (973) 383-4787 ext. 1152
Father John’s Animal House
Our primary purpose is to find homes for otherwise homeless animals. While in our care they will benefit from love, companionship, shelter, food, socialization, and medical care until permanent, loving homes can be found.
• Monetary donations always welcome!
• Canned turkey or chicken flavor pate food for kittens and for cats
• Dry kitten food and dry adult cat food
• Pill pockets
• Paper towels
• Tall kitchen trash bags
Volunteers for: Dog walking, kennel cleaning, cat socializers and kitten fosters
Contact: Garret Barcheski, Shelter Director
Ginnie’s House is ALWAYS looking for volunteers and supporters! Our volunteers attend public events, and help with many awareness & fundraising activities. Contact Andrea if you’re interested in being a part of our FUN volunteer group!
We also have an Amazon wish list, which updates periodically – so keep checking!
Contact: Andrea Ryker, Community Resource Director
Our mission is to provide a nourishing midday meal to fill the physical and emotional needs of an underserved population in the northern section of Sussex County. Harvest House provides a clean, safe and welcoming environment which is easily accessible to those we serve. Harvest House is always in need of the following:
• cases of water
• paper napkins
• lunch bags
• plastic sandwich bags
• paper towels
• canned vegetables
• canned tomato products
• canned tuna and chicken
Thank you in advance for your help feeding the hungry in the Sussex community!
Contact: Peg Behnke, Secretary
Market Street Mission – Sussex County
The Market Street Mission - Sussex County, 274 Spring Street Newton, NJ, started a community dinner service in mid-November. It has been well-attended and runs smoothly. The dinner is held every Sunday evening at 6pm in the sanctuary of Christ Community Church.
Approximately 12 to 24 people come and dine each week. Our guests include the men staying in our hospitality room, along with residents of Newton and the surrounding areas.
Six (6) volunteers provide coverage needed for the set-up, serving, spending time in fellowship with our guests, and the final break-down/cleanup.
Contact: Jacob Gaeta, Site Director
National Alliance on Mental Illness
NAMI Sussex is an all-volunteer 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization that provides support, education and advocacy throughout Sussex County, NJ on behalf of individuals and families affected by mental illness.
Volunteer Leadership Positions are Available for 2023. Please contact us for position descriptions.
Contact: Mary Ann McInerney, President
Paulinskill Valley Trail Committee
Volunteers are needed to help in the following activities:
• Kiosks cleaning, repair, and updating
• Painting sign and gateposts
• Trail maintenance such as cutting back brush, weeds, and vines that are encroaching on the trail
• Sign cleaning and/or replacement
• Bench repair
Contact: Martin Grossman, President
We create an inclusive and sustainable community by providing differently-abled adults housing and a self-sustaining lifestyle through farming and hospitality employment opportunities.
• AED defibrillator
• Outside grill--preferably propane
• Kitchen blenders (2)
• Chicken feed and supplies for 14 chickens
• Gift cards to Home Depot for small repairs needed around the Homestead
We could always benefit from financial donations as well.
Volunteer opportunities available! https://www.rebeccashomestead.com/volunteer
Contact: Michele Elmers
Ridge and Valley Conservancy
Ridge and Valley Conservancy (RVC) is an accredited, non-profit land trust based in Newton, NJ. Since 1992, RVC has worked with diverse partners to preserve over 5,000 acres of land in Warren and Sussex counties. RVC strives to practice sound ecological management of its preserves, safeguarding sensitive habitats and the native species that inhabit them. RVC’s work benefits the community through improved air and water quality and public hiking trails.
Financial contributions are always welcome and appreciated. You can send a check payable to Ridge and Valley Conservancy, 145 Spring Street, Suite D, Newton, NJ 07860 or make a donation online at www.ridgeandvalleyconservancy.org/donate-rvc
Monthly volunteer events at our preserves; moderately strenuous work includes activities like invasive plant removal, repairs, and trail maintenance. Locations change each month, please check our events page for updates and to register.
2023 Open Volunteer Days - Saturdays from 9AM-12PM
• May 20
• June 17
• July 8
• August 5
• September 9
• October 7
• November 4
Contact: Sarah Schnurr, Director of Development & Outreach
Sparta Historical Society a/k/a Van Kirk Homestead Museum
Sparta Historical Society, Inc. is a 501c3 non-profit corporation whose Mission is to preserve local arts, history and natural sciences while presenting their wonder to the community through diverse museum exhibits and educational programs.
-Second and fourth Sunday open houses 1-4pm – greeter, room watch/guide
-Weeding/working in gardens
-Attend essential monthly committee meetings such as programs, exhibits, education, buildings/grounds.
-Data entry for PastPerfect museum software
-Data entry for QuickBooks
-Housecleaner – twice a month
-Insurance guru – annual task
-Social media and marketing
Volunteers are welcomed to assist with our events. Anyone with Italian Heritage is welcome to our monthly meetings where we would discuss each event and responsibilities.
Italian Heritage Day BB game & Picnic – Fri 6/2/23
Sparta Day – Station Park - Sat 6/3/23
Spring 2023 - Columbus Day Monument – cleanup
Golf Outing – 10/2/23 – Ballyowen Golf Course
25th Anniversary Celebration - 11/30/23 - Perona Farms
Contact: Ray Shupak, President
Sussex County Arts & Heritage Council
Contact: Andrea Moore, Office Administrator
We need help with the following volunteer positions:
-Class & workshop instructors
-UV Coating for front windows
-Updated Printers – professional grade
-White copy/printer paper
-Large format printer
-New Cabinetry, and some with locking cabinets
-Notepads & post-it notes
In addition, financial support is always welcome:
-Sponsors for events, exhibitions/receptions
Sussex-Warren Human Resource Management Association
Volunteering with our chapter helps build your career. You'll develop new skills, expand your contacts, feel good about contributing to the growth of chapter members, yourself included. Our goal is to help you develop your career as you help us provide vital services to our members.
• Programming – sleuth great presenters
• Sponsorship - help us find meeting/website sponsors
• Community Outreach – help us reach more members of our community
• Mentors – help members grow their careers
• Membership – help grow the Chapter
• Diversity – guarantee that we’re all mixed up
• Internships – open doors for emerging chapter HR professionals
Contact: Jessica Getz, Chapter President
Visiting Nurse Association of Northern New Jersey
“Adopt a Family” – Bundles of much-needed supplies- Volunteer project-
VNA has homebound patients in our communities that could benefit from soothing, nourishing, and entertaining items that will help them remain independent and comfortable in their homes. Items needed include:
• lotions (non-perfume and hypoallergenic),
• lip balm,
• tea bags,
• non-perishable food,
• sudoku/word search/picture find puzzles
If any individual or group is interested in collecting these items, VNA is happy to deliver them to patients in need.
Contact: Rachel Enderle, Development Coordinator
The Weekend Bag Program
The Weekend Bag Program Inc. is a kid-founded and run 501(c)(3) nonprofit created to provide students going home from school over the weekend with food and hygiene items they otherwise would not have. The program is designed to be anonymous so as not to add any additional stress on the student. We are continuing to provide for students where the free assisted meal programs don’t reach.
● $50 - Walmart gift cards - this will be used for the weekly shopping done by the Newton High School Achieve students for the program.
● Walmart, Weis Markets & Gas gift cards in any amount.
● Monetary donations are accepted at any time.
Donation of Non-Perishable Food items for the bags:
● Pasta Sauce (no glass)
● Mac n Cheese
● Canned/Pouch Tuna
● Chef Boyardee
● Canned Soup
● Canned Vegetable
● Canned or Cup Fruit
● Oatmeal/box cereal
● Juice box/mini-Gatorade/shelf-stable milk
● Fruit Snacks/individual cookie packs/granola bars
Donation of Hygiene Items for the bags:
● Body Wash
● Bar Soap
● Toothbrush (single)
● Pocket Tissues
● Single Roll Toilet Paper
● Laundry Soap (pods preferred lighter and easier to carry in the bags)
● Portable Movie Projector (will be used in monthly community fundraising events)
● Portable Movie Screen with a stand
● Portable Speaker
● Portable Microphone
● Label Maker
● Paper/document shredder
● InkJet Fax/Scanner printer
● 1 - 6ft folding tables (rectangle)
● 6-drawer file cabinet with lock
● 20 - 45 gallon Husky Latch & Stack totes with wheels (used for weekly bag delivery and storage)
● 7-person SUV vehicle
● Packing & preparing weekly bags
● Accepting, logging, and putting away product donations and deliveries at our warehouse space
● Bulk order pickup
● Website & social media content creator and maintenance
● Fundraising & Event Committee
● Fundraising help as needed
Contact: Olivia Costello
Zufall Health Center
Zufall’s Maternal Wraparound Program (M-WRAP) provides intensive case management to pregnant/postpartum individuals residing in Morris, Sussex, and Warren counties who are using or have recently used alcohol or drugs (including prescription narcotics). Services are provided during their pregnancy and for up to one year after a birth event.
• Maternity Pants/Jeans
• Diapers (Size 1- 6)
• Baby Wipes (Any brand)
• Baby Hygiene products (shampoo, lotion, body wash, Destin or any baby diaper rash cream (i.e. A&D, Aquaphor, etc.)
• Breastfeeding padding and essentials
• Baby bottles & pacifiers
• Shampoo & Body wash & Lotion for adults
• Ladies Shirts & Tank tops (Size XS – 2XL)
• Sun hats
Contact: Crystal Ellison, Site Manager