Cannabis in the Workplace Webinar
Tuesday, July 11, 2023
8:30 AM - 9:30 AM
This Cannabis webinar is approved for:
- 1.0 SHRM PDC (Risk Management, US Employment Laws and Regulations)
- 1.0 HRCI General (HR) Credit
Among the issues that will be reviewed:
- Since federal law still prohibits marijuana use, does federal or state law take precedence?
- Can employers fire employees for cannabis consumption?
- Can employers still require employees to undergo drug tests? What are their limitations?
- Can you legally discipline an employee for having cannabis or being under the influence of marijuana at work?
- Must you provide accommodation for use of medical marijuana in the workplace?
- Can you maintain a drug-free workplace? What should your policies say?
Please register online. A Zoom link will be sent to registered participants one day prior to the event.
Presented by Ursula Leo and Tom Ryan of Laddey, Clark & Ryan LLP.
PROGRAM SLIDES FROM WEBINAR